2022 we will celebrate the 16th year of the Central Alberta Children’s Festival! This Festival continually strives to provide new and unique opportunities for the Children of Central Alberta to learn, play and be active. Local and national talent entertaining at the festival show a wide array of different skills, from singing, dancing and even a little magic!
Over the past 15 years we have seen an average of about 6,000 people each year taking in the activities and entertainment in Downtown Red Deer over two days and this year we are experiencing more than 8,000 people to join us in the fun. The festival includes school groups from schools all over Central Alberta and Red Deer and is proudly promoted through Family Services of Central Alberta’s service sites and other medias to a market of 300,000 people.
The Central Alberta’s Children Festival aims to promote the benefits and values of the performing arts not just by showing children and families the entertainment but by also getting them involved at the lowest cost possible. Over 40 tents and activity stations fill the park each year to keep everyone active and keep their imaginations running. Stations include bubble wrap popping, Science World, Diversity Corner, glitter tattoos, fun physical activities and more. All of these stations allow children and families the opportunity to be creative, build knowledge and most importantly, HAVE FUN!
Family Services of Central Alberta is proud to be the main catalyst behind the Children’s Festival and through partnerships with other organizations look to make the 2022 Central Alberta’s Children Festival a reminder to everyone that a part of them will “Never Grow Up”!
Central Alberta Children’s
- To provide an interactive Children’s Festival for Red Deer and Central Alberta that encourages communities to be involved in all aspects of the festival and is accessible to all families regardless of social or economic circumstances.
- To provide a festival that is affordable, has cultural and educational activities that are specifically designed to meet children’s social, physical, intellectual, reactive, and emotional needs.
- To promote public awareness of the benefits and value of performing arts and the opportunity to play together for children and their families
- To involve Children and their families in diverse multi-cultural experiences that will widen horizons and helps to promote better international understanding
- To enrich the lives of the children in families and schools through participation in an artistic creative process developed in conjunction with curriculum outline under Alberta Education.
- To promote volunteerism for all ages in all aspects of the festival
- To create the opportunity for a community building experience, working in partnership with local performers, artists, businesses, service clubs, and cultural groups.